Matthias Froelich – Administration
The Residence is administered by Matthias Froelich, a Swiss National with extensive experience.
- Over 40 years in hospitality services, in hotel management and operation.
- Switzerland: Baden, Zurich, Interlaken, Flims-Waldhaus, Lausanne, and Geneva.
- Thailand: Koh Samui, Bangkok and Chiang Mai.
With his long-time experience serving and taking care of guests, entertaining, cooking, coaching and consulting, he brings great value to the Ban Sabai Village Senior Residence team.
Chitra Klanprayoon – Care management
Chitra Klanprayoon, the longtime partner of Matthias, is heading the Senior Care sections. She has extensive experience in hospitality, care and management.
Our team guarantees a smooth, professional and homey ambiance for our guests. They are dedicated to creating a comfortable lifestyle. If our guests are still fit we can help you explore Chiang Mai and its surroundings. They are also experienced in providing assisted living or full care to cope with their daily needs.
Chitra Klanprayoon is originally from Chachoengsao and grew up in Bangkok. She was educated at Satrivit High School and Studied at Chiang Mai University where she earned a bachelor degree in Mass Communication.
In her early years she worked as a Journalist, followed by first PR officer at Bumrungrad Hospital. Her varied experiences include working for Hollywood film productions, such as Good Morning Vietnam, Air America and many more.
In the 80s she moved into the hospitality industry and managed Resorts and Restaurants on Koh Samui.
In 1996 she opened the Spa Wellness center, Ban Sabai Big Buddha on Koh Samui. Soon after that she established Ban Sabai Village Resort and Spa in Chiang Mai.
During the 25 years + of working in this field, Chitra has continued to increase her knowledge by engaging in further education.
Training Courses & Experience
- Nuad Thai, Wat Poo, Bangkok
- Aromatherapy and Therapist manager, Bangkok
- Thai herbal pharmacist, Nakornsrithammarat
- Yoga studying Bangkok and Chiang Mai Lannay Studio.
- Thai traditional Massage, Health promotion, Koh Samui
- Tokyo School of Beautification, Chiang Mai
- Thai traditional Medicine Academic Program, Bangkok
- Modern Era Economic Management, Chiang Mai University
- Herbal plant food, Pharmacy Faculty Chiang Mai University
- Spa Operator, Nursing Faculty, Chiang Mai University
- Postnatal Health care, Herbal Compress School, Bangkok
- Aide Nursing Program, Far Eastern University Chiang Mai
- Senior Care practical experience at Chiang Mai Hospital
- Senior Care Operator Program, Far Estern University Chiang Mai
Khun Chitra also recently learned how to take care of elderly people. She has a lot of experience taking care of her own father as well as managing health retreats and individual health programs.
She is a practicing Vegan for the last 15 years and takes care to live a healthy lifestyle. In 2018 she was President of Chiang Mai Vegan association and sponsored special education and nutrition for elderly people in the communities around Chiang Mai.
With her expertise in many different experiences during her life, she is a competent person to supervise the Ban Sabai Senior Residence facility.
We guarantee a smooth operation and excellent well-being for our elderly guests. We are dedicated to providing a good time and place where you can get old without worries. Whether you are still fit or need assistance to manage your daily life we provide an environment where you can live in an easy and comfortable way.
Find out more