Please find answers to some of the usual questions that we are asked.
Here in Thailand there are only private health insurances available for long stay guests. Most of these are provided by international companies.
As you would expect, as your age increases so do your preconditions for health insurance. This makes arranging insurance more complicated. On top of that the premiums become high and there will be many exclusions.
Here is our guideline and proposal for a senior health insurance for reference.
*Note: These details are based on a person 73 years of age. The details can be changed without notice. This is just a guideline to give an idea of coverage and costs
|Room and Board semi private or private per day (max 180 days)||Normal private room full cover||Normal private room full cover||Normal private room full cover|
|Intensive care of other specialialities||Full cover||Full cover||Full cover|
|Hospitalization expenses||Full cover||Full cover||Full cover|
|Surgery||Full cover||Full cover||Full cover|
|Anesthesiologist||Full cover||Full cover||Full cover|
|In-patient physician’s visit||Full cover||Full cover||Full cover|
|Emergency outpatient day care||Full cover||Full cover||Full cover|
|Emergency ground ambulance||Full cover||Full cover||Full cover|
|Home health care service||30 days, max 2,000||30 days, max 2,500||30 days, max 2,500|
|Oncology in & out patient||Full cover||Full cover||Full cover|
|Organ transplantation||up to 80,000||up to 100,000||up to 100,000|
|MRI in case of inpatient||Full cover||Full cover||Full cover|
|HIV||Full cover||Full cover||Full cover|
|Kidney dialysis||Full cover||Full cover||Full cover|
|Preexisting conditions||to be considered||to be considered||to be considered|
|Waiting period||14 days||14 days||14 days|
|Second medical opinion||Full cover||Full cover||Full cover|
|Psychiatry connected to accident or terrorism||up to 1,200 per year||up to 1,500 per year||up to 1,500 per year|
|US $ 3,400 – THB 125,000||US $ 3,670 – THB 135,000||US $ 3,950 – THB 150,000|
When deciding when to make the move to Thailand these are some things to consider:
- Come to Thailand when you are still fit and can explore. Thailand is a very beautiful country and there are so many places to visit.
- Thailand is a great base from which to explore the east, far-east and Australia.
- Chiang Mai and its surroundings offer many things to do and places to explore. There are many short trips that you can take with 1-3 overnight stays.
- When that is getting to be a bit much, then there are plenty of one day and half day trips available. We also arrange short outings to get some time out and about.
- When we talk to the long time residence here in Chiang Mai we find that some came early some of them late. On an average perhaps around the age of 75 is the best time to move.
- Worry free life.
- You can get old with out having to worry about having to move as your requirements change.
- Receive necessary support and care gradually as you get older.
- Enjoy life to the full.
- No cleaning, washing, ironing and cooking. No dish-washing or shopping required.
- Enjoy a tropical paradise.
- No freezing or slippery ice.
- Respectful individual care.
- If you need something we are here to get it for you.
- Full administrative assistance.
- Health assistance – for doctor, dental, hospital visits with our support.
- Monitoring of your health status.
- Support with medication management.
- Assistance with shopping.
- Organized activities and sight seeing.
- Professional Management Structure.
- You are away from friends and relatives.
- Potentially more expensive medi care.
- Language can be a problem if you wish to explore by yourself.
- For some people temperature in the garden (However, all bedrooms are furnished with air conditioners)
This can vary depending on your country of origin. It depends on the agreements with the country of origin and Thailand. The best thing to do is to check with your tax and pension experts in your country of origin to avoid any complications.
The Thai government asks for a financial security from people outside Thailand who wish to stay for a long time. if you earn a pension of more than US$ 2,100 monthly, then you do not need an additional bank deposit. If the pension is less than this or if you do not have a pension, then a bank deposit is required.
You should apply for a NON-O as this one is easiest to transfer into a one year visa. This can then be renewed on an annual basis.
We are very happy to arrange the visa administration for you. All you need to do is apply for a NON-O visa from your departing country. When you arrive we can transform it to a retirement 1 year visa.
We will see if your exact medication is available. If not then we will check with our medical consultant to determine which available medication would be most suitable for you.
We are happy to go and get it for you.